1. Collection of Personal Data
We may collect and hold personal data of persons/entities including but not limited to: customers; job applicants and employees; shareholders; service providers and other people who we may come in contact. Example of personal data includes name, address, contact details, your preferences, queries, requests and feedback. The submission of your personal information is entirely voluntary.
We may collect your personal data directly or indirectly from you or your authorized representatives in the course of:
- Visiting our websites or signing up for alerts or newsletters;
- Applying for a job with us;
- Participating in our marketing or promotional events;
- Using our ‘customer services’ at Setapak Central;
- Contacting us with your queries, requests or feedback;
- Registering for shopper rewards programme;
- Our interviews, market research or surveys.
2. Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
Please note that we collect, use, disclose and/or share your personal information for the following purposes:
- Communicate with you and/or to keep records in connection with a job application and other job opportunities;
- Communicate with you on any of our services, announcements, promotions or contests;
- Communicate with you on any queries, requests or feedback and service improvements;
- Update our records and generally maintain ‘Loyalty Program’ with us;
- Provide access to conduct works or repairs at malls managed by Festiva Mall Sdn Bhd; and
- To detect and prevent fraudulent activity at our malls ‘Access Control Grounds’.
We respect your privacy and do not practise renting or selling of your personal information to third parties. However, we may share your personal information with members of group functions in our company.
Access to your personal information is limited to persons whom we reasonably believe requires access for effective delivery of our services to you, to process your job application or for the purposes set out above.
We may also collect, use and disclose such personal information if so authorized or required by law or the relevant authorities, or exempted under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 to do so.
Further, we may disclose or share your personal data in the following circumstances:
a. Third Party Service Providers:
We may disclose your personal data to third parties
- Contracted by us to assist us in delivering part or all our services to you; and/or
- Who provide services to us such as professional advisers, IT consultants etc. We will use all commercially reasonable endeavours to ensure that these third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy;
b. With your consent:
We may seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for any other purpose not set out herein;
c. Business Transfers:
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that an Festiva Mall Sdn Bhd or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information may be one of the transferred assets.
We also reserve the right to share your personal information as is necessary to prevent a threat to the life, health and security of an individual or corporate entity. Further, we may disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, government representative and our advisers, as is necessary, to investigate suspected unlawful activities including but not limited to fraud, intellectual property infringement or privacy.
3. How do we manage, protect and store your personal data
As required under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, we will take reasonable care to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
The Internet is not always a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, while we seek to protect your personal data, Festiva Mall Sdn Bhd cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorized access or use of that information.
4. How to access and correct your personal data or to withdraw consent?
If you wish to:
- Request for your personal data to be updated or corrected; or
- Withdraw consent you previously provided to us to use the personal data we hold about you,
Kindly allow us reasonable time to respond to any request and effect any change. We may ask to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and give you reasons for doing so. When you request your personal data to be updated and there is a dispute about the facts, we will make a note on your personal data of such dispute.
5. How to ensure that your personal data is current and accurate.
Please ensure that your personal information is current, complete and accurate
- Where you provide personal information about yourself to us, you are responsible to provide accurate, not misleading, complete and up-to-date information about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us, and to contact us to update this personal information as and when it becomes inaccurate, misleading, incomplete and out-of-date.
- In certain circumstances, you may need to provide to us personal information about someone other than yourself (for example, your referee or guarantor in relation to your job application). If so, we rely on you to inform these individuals that you are providing their personal information to Festiva Mall Sdn Bhd, to make sure they consent to you giving us their information and to advise them about where they can find a copy of this policy.
6. Third-Party Websites
The websites managed by Festiva Mall Sdn Bhd may contain links to third party sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
Festiva Mall Sdn Bhd is not responsible for any information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
8. Retention of your Personal Data
Festiva Mall Sdn Bhd will retain your personal data for the duration of time to carry out the purposes for which your personal data was collected, for the other purposes set out in this policy, for business purposes and as required by relevant laws.
9. What if you wish to send feedback?
You can send feedback to Festiva Mall Sdn Bhd by email to us at email@example.com. We will endeavor to act promptly in response to your feedback.
How to contact us?
Festiva Mall Sdn Bhd, Centre Management Office, No. 67, Jalan Taman Ibu Kota, Taman Danau Kota, Setapak 53300, Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: (603) 4143 5576